arguments like fireworks;
My aunt and my mother have made me feel like I am in a mire of irritation this week.
It’s this bloody car. There have been problems.
The first problem was that of money. Although I love my current job, I’ve taken a 50% cut in pay, and my pay was lousy to begin with. It takes me twice as long to make what I was making beforehand.
I bought a one-week insurance policy in order to get this car legal. I had to wait for my pay on Friday to get to the DMV. Saturday, the DMV was so crowded I couldn’t get seen. Today I came to the realization that the incompetent insurance agent put my driver’s license number as my VIN. I had to double-back to get the correct proof-of-insurance, and by that time, it was closed for today.
My aunt— who has reneged on every single offer she has made about this car— gave me an ultimatium today.
"Pay the title out of my name so I don’t get sued if you crash, or I’m refunding you the 300 hundred you paid me for the car and I’m taking it back."
I’m at a breaking point here. I’ve pushed every extreme in order to get this car, and if she does this, it’s going to get very ugly. Every hurtful and angry word that I have swallowed regarding this matter, and our relationship, will spill out of my mouth if she does this.
I do not think I can stress hard enough how terribly important having this car is to me. My entire adult life hinges on this car right now— work, travel, fitness, education, life, everything! If she takes this car away from me, I have to fight it because my quality of life will suffer tremendously. I literally will not be able to do my job.
The hurdles I’ve had to overcome to do this:
- I burned out an entire tank of gas, borrowed three days worth of my friends’ time and lost credibility at work in order to learn how to drive this car. She said she was going to teach me. She did not.
- I had to buy a one-week policy in order to insurance the vehicle long enough for the title transfer. The one week policy was 80% of two weeks pay.
- I have gone to the DMV three times about this matter, and have been turned away because of circumstances beyond my control.
- My mother has been contentious and angry with me because my aunt has been nattering at her about this matter, which she has nothing to do with. Considering how difficult it already is for anyone to get along with my mother, I did not need this extra strife added to the household.
- She was supposed to give me this car for free. That was the original agreement. After buying parts that could have waited until this car was under my possession, she demanded I pay her 300 dollars or she was going to sell it to someone else.
- Today I had to take out a payday loan in order to buy gas, food and the title for this car.
I am not usually one to keep score when people wrong me, but I’m doing the very best that I can. She’s being unfair, and I’m not having it. Tomorrow this ends. And I have the ugly feeling in the pit of my stomach that some ties will be severed.@1 year ago
#personal #adulthood struggles #I am so tired of old people riding on the backs of the young and complaining when their knees buckle #poverty #car #insurance #anger