- I received a phone call today from a translation agency. They want me to come in at 3:00 Friday afternoon for a job interview. Incidentally, this particular translation agency asked me to join their firm a few months ago. I was still working in the office with my directors, so I turned them down. I wish I hadn’t now.
They don’t require me to be bilingual (but I am, so that’s a major plus). I’d be a secretary at their tiny (but competent) firm. Other than the fact that I have an intense passion for languages, this firm is also literally two blocks away from the boarding house I want to live in.
From three hours on the bus to two. blocks?!
Can it get any better than that in commute? If I remember the ad correctly, they’re paying 12 bucks an hour.
Praying, praying, praying, praying, praying constantemente.
- My car’s been sluggish when accelerating on the motorway. I also need a wheel alignment. I’ve got to pour some money into it, and cashflow is more like “cash trickle”. But there are some options I’m working on.
The insurance thing isn’t going as well as I’d hoped, but I’m chalking that up to my own laziness more than anything else. I need to get a regimen that works.
I was approached by a couple that represents Amway. I have no idea what they do or how they do it yet, but their presentation was interesting enough to sit through. I’m inclined to check it out, mostly because “passive” and “income” were used in the same phrase.
I’ve had a small taste of passive income over the last couple of weeks, and it has been terrific to spend the day doing things I love and picking up a check at the end of it all. This must be what being rich feels like.
- Dante called me three days ago and went spent two hours talking on the phone.
The remark of the night:
"So what’s the name of that guy you like again?
"That other guy. That you say you’re in love with."
"Oh. Salvatore." I said. "What about him?" Until Dante brought him up, I had momentarily forgotten about Sal. Really, I did.
"Well. He is crazy. I don’t understand why he doesn’t like you. You’re great, and so is the way you look."
And my pre-menstrual, oh-look-it-is-one-in-the-morning-man-I-feel-so-lonely-why-aren’t-you-here? self flushed with joy.
”Thanks.” I said, my voice husky. “I… really appreciate that.”
It’s been a few days and there’s been no word since then. I don’t mind it though. The more he stays away, the easier it is to keep my answer the same:
This doesn’t mean ‘not ever’. Just not right now. Please, for own good. Not right now.
- I haven’t broken it to my folks that I’m moving out yet. I’m trying to wait and see if my efforts will pan out. In the meantime, I’ve spent most of the last month working, working, working so I can avoid this conversation as long as I possibly can.
- I have been agonizing for months why I was rejected by a group of people I was trying to get to know. The only thing that I can think of is shaking someone’s hand after coming from the loo. The loo had no paper towel and a weak hand dryer. My hands were clean but still quite damp. Perhaps an unsavory rumor about my hygiene spread and that’s why everybody’s so taciturn round these parts.
Or, more likely, they’re just cliquish jerks.In any case, I ran into a guy that knows both me and them (Mark) and he said simply, “They’re not much fun to hang out with anyway. Don’t worry about it. It’s not you. It is them.” I feel sad that other people are living life so petty, but it’s not my job to police the behavior of others. I can barely police my own.
And so I’m letting it go. My benefit of the doubt is better used elsewhere.
- I’m not ready for Nina to find out I’m moving out. My youngest (and favourite) sister is going to be devastated when I do. I will miss being with all of them, but her the very most.
#adulthood struggles #family #personal #work #opposite sex